Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Arrgh" Mate

Here I am posting for Blogging for Scrapbookers, Prompt #2... Not bad... 2 layouts... 2 days in a row... pretty proud of myself... Ha! That's because hubby is out of town this week and I figure as long as the animals are fed then it's prime time for momma to play...

Here is a photo from a vacation we took several years ago....

Yes, that is I... can't you tell?... I'm a pirate! I haven't scrapped any of these photos, mostly because the vacation was not my favourite... but when I look at this photo I can't help but remember how much fun we had this night.

The journaling reads:

In 2007 our Summer vacation included a trip to the Shuswaps; one week on a houseboat with several other couples. Pirate night was by far the best part of the entire trip; there were lots of "Arrghs", eye patches, a bit of rum, and plenty of practice "walking the plank".


Do you have any vacations that you haven't scrapped for whatever reason?

12 comments:

  1. To answer your question - yes, all of them. LOL Just waiting for the perfect time LOL
    Your pirate pictures are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always scrap them as an entirity, sometimes just a couple of images as you have done here or a simple mini photo album with only a page or two of details to remind us of what we did and where it was ... that's not always obvious when you look back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger, I love that photo of you, how fun. So glad you pulled it out and created a layout. The stamping on it is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why yes! Absolutely. I always have the best intentions to get photos back ASAP and scrapbook them immediately. Then life gets in the way. But I tend to get to them eventually - maybe not as I had originally planned, but I do get to it. :) Love your layout. That looks like good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger, that is AWESOME! LOVE your spirit wearing pirate garb and your LO is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout....and what a great photo. I love scrapbooking holidays....but life gets in the way....have plenty still to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fabulous layout - it might be one of my all-time favourites of yours!

    I find holidays hard to scrapbook because I'm not very good at putting more than one photo on a page - which makes covering the whole holiday a long business lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have quite a few daycations I need to scrap from last summer!!

    Love your page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great page! Love the energy and the splashes of colour on black and white. Yep, I have a life time of holidays as yet unscrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Over 700 pics from our trip out West last summer-have not scrapped a single one! (Unless you count rating and purging-which is in some way scrapping, but not really). You've inspired me to put up a few on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout - and I have vacation photos I haven't scrapped from eons ago! Numerous vacations to the shore, one (of four) to Disney, and I never finished the 2004 Hawaii vacation either. Now that those type of vacations are not in the budget, maybe I should get back to the photos?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol - such fun! And the layout is fabulous :-)

    I always have such good intentions of scrapping all our holiday photos, but it often doesn't happen :-( I do make a printed photobook of them though, and blog the memories too, so at least it's all recorded somehow! :-)

    ReplyDelete