Sunday, February 13, 2011

Embrace Imperfection

BPC has a free 2 week class taught by Karen Grunberg called Embrace Imperfection. The premise is that we are too critical of what we create and more worried about what others think of our work and instead of overcoming these obstacles maybe we don't do the things we want, or it takes us much longer to do them.

I took a class from Lisa well over a year ago... see it here and from that experience I had an idea in my head of a collage I wanted to create, but did not feel I was good enough to do it, in fact I did start it and then put it away up until last week. After taking Lisa's Art Journaling class, it inspired me to work on this....



I may not have created the perfect cat, but boy did I have fun making it!

Just a couple reminders:

1. Valentine's Giveaway ends tomorrow night - see the post here.
2. I have three people signed up for the Pay It Forward, so if you would like to join in I have two more spots. You can read more about it here and here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a gorgeous cat! I'm now off to embrace a bit of imperfection by folding some laundry and not ironing it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this collage! I guess you figured out how to stick your metal to the canvas!

    I'm always a little surprised when someone tells me they inspired them, but I appreciate it more than you know!

    ReplyDelete