Saturday, February 5, 2011

Art Journal Pages

I cannot wait to show you how productive I was in Lisa's class. One thing I learned about Art Journaling is not to stress. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, I thought I would have to make all these pages with feelings and stories, but I realized, an Art Journal can be whatever you want it to be and Lisa encouraged us to not think about a theme etc. She showed us some techniques on making backgrounds and then how to layer and add the final touches. I made 6 PAGES in 4 hours!! (If you know me, then you know that it takes me hours sometimes to do one scrapbook layout). I let loose and let it happen however it was meant to be. Lisa helped guide us along to ensure we would have enough backgrounds to play with and then showed us how to make the binding, which is sewing the pages onto ribbon. This class totally got me pumped! I feel so inspired, with ideas and it actually got me drawing again, something I haven't done in years!

Here is the inside cover and the first page which is Sticky Back Canvas that I used Ranger Wash with two different stencils. I love how it turned out.
Honestly, I felt like this was home for me... that feeling of content and happiness... 

My classmate for the afternoon was Peggy, we met online at Renee Pearson where we both took Digital Collage 101, and she introduced me to Shimelle... and we have been in a few classes at BPC! Good to meet you in person Peggy!

Thanks Lisa for all your inspiration, you are the best!!

Have a great night everyone.
Ginger

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's one highly satisfying and creative class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good for you - what super pages :-) You've made me want to get out all my craft stuff and play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work! gorgeous pages - sounds like a fabulous class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, beautiful pages!! I'm inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a very successful class - really like your pages! So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had fun! I love that last page with the eye! I see you used some of the new stuff you bought on Saturday!

    I hope you keep going with this...you are an amazing artist and crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! How fun you were able to "let go"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pages! Isn't it fun to let go and see what comes from inside?
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete