Monday, January 3, 2011

Wellness...

What does Wellness mean to you? I have thought about this and one thing is certain... for me it would be a normal blood pressure reading... although I have been to the gym regularly since September and have lost 15 lbs, my blood pressure when I visited my doctor 3 weeks ago was 146/101... not good!

I have joined the Wellness Journey class at Big Picture... and I know my focus will be on becoming a healthy person... How? Well... for one thing I definitely need to decrease my stress... so this will be accomplished by continuing to do the things I am doing, but also to incorporate some stress relieving exercises like deep breathing for 5-10 minutes each day... this will help me to decompress (so I don't implode!!). Also, I am looking forward to adding a strength training routine to my regular workout schedule... Other things I will work on is meal planning and taking wheat & sugar (chocolate especially) out of my diet (I did this for 2 months before Christmas and it really worked). So there... I am sharing this with you to help keep myself accountable and I really hope within a few months I can be rid of the blood pressure pills I am currently on.

To help encourage myself I made a little layout which I will share with you... and if you wish to tag along on this journey I would love to hear from you.

Digi kit from OScraps - Aja Abney, digi template - Shimelle.

Have an amazing day!

Ginger

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss you've already done! That's great! Love the layout! I'm in too...again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss! I haven't seen you in so long, so it's great to know you're still looking good!

    That is a great goal! I am trying to be more mindful of what goes into my body, as mindful as I am of what I put on it!

    And I love your layout! What a great way to celebrate this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO! I joined Wellness Journey on Monday, so I'm not exactly caught up with the scrapping side of things. I'm so impressed with your progress and I hope you reach your goals. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for your posts on the boards & in the gallery. Happy (Healthy) New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great goal for the year. Well done on doing something so positive for yourself. The deep breathing sounds like something I should be doing and I am so unfit I really know I should do something but I am taking baby steps (walking more as a start). Good luck on the challenge and Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wellness sounds a great concept and aim with many different possibilities - sending you lots of supportive energy! Well done so far, and love that page ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great goal to have for yourself and I love the layout. I'll be following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete