Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wellness Week 2

I will give you an update of week 1 on my Wellness Journey. I feel great, but I am so flippin tired... last week I did not sleep well and I thought with getting back at the gym I would have all this energy bursting at the seams (my seams ha ha!), but I fell asleep on the couch every night at about 7:30 pm and then got up at 9 and went to bed! I can't wait for the days to get longer, I miss the long days of June where it's still daylight at 10 pm... Okay... enough wining, moving on! I started a strength training program this past week, as I am attending a special centre to help with the problems I have been having with my arm and neck. I'm currently back at work, and doing my full duties, but am on WCB. The Millard Centre is an amazing facility where I was seen by a physician who sent me off for an MRI of my neck which came back negative for any pinched nerves... I was given the go ahead to start their program. The strength training exercises are a full body workout and it takes about 1.25 hours to do them all and let me tell you, I can feel it. It's great and I am thankful for their help. I am still getting up at 0445 to go to the gym at 0520 and doing about 50 minutes of activity. So all in all, not too shabby of a week.

This week the class focus is on nutrition... Here is my digi layout designed by Lisa Cohen
I plan to eat lean protein, lots of fruits and vegetables and to make healthier choices related to sweets or snacks. Marvin and I have always been huge proponents of eating fresh foods. We buy almost no packaged foods and prefer to cook from scratch. One of my goals is to watch portion sizes, although it is great that we cook this fresh and wonderful food, it is important to remember how much of it our body actually needs to be healthy!

I have printed off Lisa's food journal sheets and will keep track of my nutrition.
That's if for now. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and enjoy your week!

Ginger

4 comments:

  1. Great layout Ginger - I really like the photos you used. Sounds like you are doing great on the exercise. Wow, getting up at 4:45, no wonder you are falling asleep in the evenings, especially with the cold winter days. I too am looking forward to longer days and sunshine! I did terrible on my exercise this week, and really hoping to get back on track starting tomorrow - your post inspired me. If you can exercise at 5 am, surely I can get in an exercise session here at home at some point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly colourful page :). If you are getting up at a quarter to five in the morning, no wonder you are tired in the evening! I should think that rest is just what you need ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inspiring layout! Sounds like quite the workout! I'd be in bed early too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I am *so* with you ... I also can't wait for the long days of summer to return! Congratulations on a successful week 2. You are officially my hero of the day for waking up at 4:45 to go to the gym. Who does that?! Someone who's determined and a bit of a superstar, that's who! :)

    ReplyDelete