Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Celebrations & JYC

We spent a quiet New Year's Eve with some close friends. Good food, great conversation and awesome friends make for the perfect way to ring in the New Year!


Well, I believe it is time to share more of my completed Journal Your Christmas pages. Have I told you how much I enjoyed this class? There were so many stories to tell that I was not able to write them all, which is great because I have saved them for next year!
Day 16 prompt was a reminder to think of the season and what you are grateful for... I am grateful for having the life I have, and being surrounded by people I love... I journaled and placed it in the pocket I created for this page.

Day 17 prompt made us think about the gifts we purchase. Do you shop for the perfect gift, knowing it when you see it? Or do you have a list of items given to you? We usually give lists, it might be the easier way out, but for me it works as there is less stress involved! LOL!

Day 18 was simple. It was to have us list the menu items we are planning for Christmas Day dinner. The photo shows some of the favourites we will be cooking.
Day 19 prompt was to have us write a letter to St. Nic... this is not something we did as kids, so it was fun to write a letter to the big guy in red!

Day 20 prompt was to give us the opportunity to journal about any surprises that may have happened thus far... the unexpected... During my "Colour or is it Color" class we had a group of us who wanted to send a Christmas Card to each other. So the plan was to send one card to one person in the group and we were given the name of that individual. As it turns out, some of the women decided to mail cards to everyone... what a lovely surprise that was. As well, there were a few women who managed to send an e-card out to everyone, also a lovely surprise!

That is all for today. Tomorrow I will share the remaining pages... Enjoy your day!

Ginger

2 comments:

  1. What great layouts!! I love how you've so nicely combine traditional and non traditional Christmas colors in your album. It looks really awesome so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger - thanks for your sweet comment on my wellness journey post! Your JYC pags are great - I really like all the happy papers you used!

    ReplyDelete