Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

And then it was 2011... I am perusing my cyber friends blogs and I have been thinking about this past year and what have I done... one thing is certain... I have met many interesting and great people I call friends and most of them live far away... isn't it great to be able to connect to those you share interests with?

This was the year I discovered Big Picture Classes, where I have taken 10 classes and have just signed up for Ali's Yesterday & Today's along with Lisa Cohen's Wellness Journey... I am hoping to be able to learn some story telling tricks from Ali's class, and to live more healthy with the Wellness class... I was just at Sian's blog where she shared her favourite layouts of 2010 and so it inspired me to look back at the scrap pages I created this past year and I have two favourites I will share with you now...

This was completed while taking Cathy's Zielske's, Design Your Life class. I love this layout of my grandparents and the story told with it... I really miss them and there is not too many days that pass that I don't think of them... I believe my grandfather was adventurous for moving to Canada from Germany as a young man when he had no family here, only friends, people from his community who made that leap too,  to another world. To read more, you can see the original post here

I love this layout as well, another story, simple yet fun from my childhood. I have very little photos of me as a child and this is one I cherish... I took May Flaum's Adventures in Scrapbooking: Go Hybrid, and I learned so many things that I still use today. You can see the original post here.

I could say more, but alas, I must get ready for our guests who will be arriving shortly.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year!!

Ginger

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo on finding BPC! Fun look back! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love that one about your grandparents and it was interesting for me to go to the original link and read the journalling - wonderful! What part of Germany did they originally come from and can you still speak a little German? I think it's so interesting to learn about relatives/ancestors who come from different places. All my English family are just that - English through and through - no foreign family at all until I met and married my German husband. I love it! Great layout and very nicely done! I can't believe you have squeezed in ten classes in just one year but so brilliant that you have! I did the Ali class (or rather just downloaded all the handouts ;-) ) first time around and have nothing else on the horizon for now except LOAD. I am tempted with the May Flaum Creative Retreat class - no doubt, we will see each other in class at some point!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It is wonderful to connect with other like minded scrapbookers from all over the world. i am delighted to have met you this year Ginger and I am very much looking forward to visiting you here in 2011. Those layouts are indeed stunners.

    ReplyDelete