Sunday, November 7, 2010

21 Challenge & Orange!

If you would like to change something about yourself but are not sure, you might want to check our Rhonna's 21 Challenge. It takes 21 days or 3 weeks to make or change a habit and Rhonna creates and environment to encourage you by creating an art journal. If you art not into art and would prefer to journal, that is completely up to you, but the idea is to pick one goal and make it happen. My goal is to stay away from sugar... pretty difficult when sugar is in most things we eat. I have decided to not eat things with added sugar, so no chocolate bars, no cakes, no cookies. No cereals with added sugar and no juices. I figure if I can give up wheat (I started eating rice pasta and it is tasty) then it's time to give up sugar... I'm already feeling strong because of it!

Here are a few photos from my journal...


Would you like to take the challenge? You can start now... it doesn't matter that we are on Day 3, you can begin today or tomorrow but just be sure you start at Day 1... come join us!

As for Colour class... we are now onto Orange and Yellow... I love orange... it is a happy colour, it is warm and friendly! Here is my orange layout...
Sketch from Nic Howard. Papers from Scarlet Lime kit, alphabet Maya Road chipboard, flowers Prima, key hole Dear Lizzy, black lace transparency from Collections, transparency frame from Hambly, bead - unknown.

This is a layout about my sister Arlene and how she loves beading and jewelry making.

Today I will see if I can get a yellow layout completed, and sadly I have fallen off the True Stories wagon... but that's okay... my goal is to get at least one True Stories layout/journaling completed this week... and as Shimelle says, there are no deadlines and this is a class where you can take the prompts and apply them anytime!

Have a fabulous Sunday and hopefully you enjoyed your extra hour for those of us who "fell" back!


Ginger

3 comments:

  1. lovely layouts!! I'll join you on the 21 days thing, I need to get eating more healthily. Jump straight back into TS with us, you don't need to do every exercise, I just pick and choose and use it for inspiration when I need to x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and thank-you for the link ... off to think about the best place to start.:) I admire the way your handwrite so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that layout! The orange really pops off the kraft.

    And speaking of falling behind in classes, I haven't done one project for the Claudine Hellmuth class! Not one!! Maybe that should be my next big goal!!

    ReplyDelete