Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hello Sunday...

Well here we are, Sunday afternoon already! I was busy this morning prepping dinner so I can relax now... We are having Cobb salad and cheesecake that I just pulled out of the oven... mmmm. As for the Cobb salad, I poached the chicken breasts in a chicken broth mixed with wine and fresh tarragon... it smells so good... I'll let you know how it tastes...!

I thought I would share some photos of our trip to Saskatchewan last weekend. My mom said they got another 4 inches of rain and the lakes are swooshing up to the road again... We are fortunate we did not have to travel this weekend... unfortunate for them though...

We took a drive by our farm, things sure look different. I did not want to take a photo of the yard because I prefer to remember it like it was growing up. This photo above is of some of the land my dad farmed... It's funny, because everyone says Saskatchewan is so flat... I never thought that... ever... mostly because where we grew up the land was quite hilly... in fact my brother jackknifed the tractor and combine twice while descending one of the hills... fortunately it didn't tip over... and we had lots of fun snowmobiling at top speed over the hills so we would fly in the air...
Here is an elk farm. Just a few seconds prior to stopping and taking these photos, all of the elk were swimming across the water... it was quite a sight!
Here are some photos of the pickle making...
 
Mom was in charge of cleaning the cucumbers, while Carmen stuffed the jars... Arlene and I were responsible for peeling the garlic...
 
 
We each got 10 jars of pickles... I can't wait to try them in a couple weeks.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Ginger

1 comment:

  1. OMG! My mouth is watering at the thought of all those pickles! They look awesome, bet they taste even better!

    ReplyDelete