Saturday, August 21, 2010

Herd of Cows!

Yesterday was great! I had lots of fun celebrating this milestone... oh yeah and it will continue today... but first I must share with you some of my happenings yesterday!
I was planning on sleeping in, but Marvin said "You better get up, there is something on the lawn for you!" I knew exactly what he was talking about before I even got to the window. My sisters got me a lovely sign to celebrate my turning 40! I was fully prepared for this and would have been disappointed had they not been there... (similar things were done for Arlene & Carmen on their 40th)... One thing though... these are definitely "baby cows", to me they don't look like Big Old Cows...

My day continued on by heading to one of my favourite breakfast diner, "the Highlevel Diner"... there is always a huge lineup on the weekends at this place and very busy during the week... a must if you are coming to Edmonton. I had the Huevos Rancheros... mmmm... very tasty!

After breakie... I went to Artistic Bakery to pick up my cake Marv bought me! Then.... I went shopping! That's right... what's a birthday without buying yourself something? So I bought a sewing machine!! Yes... I did... Now, I have been wanting one for a very long time and thought this would be a good reason to get one! I haven't pulled it out of the box yet... you will get more on that later...

 I also bought some clothes and when I told the salesgirl I am 40 today! She told me I looked like I was no older than 32... Bless her!! (Thanks mom for the good skin genes!).

Marvin then took me out for dinner to "Wasabi" for sushi!! Seriously, I do believe their sushi is the best in town... the tuna melts like butter in your mouth... mmmm.

We finished the night by heading to our very good friend Reinhardt's art gallery show... we saw friends we have not seen in some time and had an enjoyable evening!

There you have it... now the celebrations continue as we will be hooking up with some friends for dinner and then cake later this evening at our house.... so I must get going as I have quite a bit to yet!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Ginger!!!!!!! Let's be honest, I think you should celebrate for the entire week!

    ReplyDelete