Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gift Wrapping Ideas

Saturday we are going to our friends, Tammy & John's for a summer BBQ. I wanted to do something special for Tammy, so I decided to fancy up one of my jars of jam as a little thank you for having us over for dinner.  Here is what I came up with!
I could not help myself and I knew immediately when I saw the new Summer Junque line from House of Three that I wanted it! I love the mix of navy with the pretty coral and grey... Gorgeous!! This is so easy to do and I will show you step by step.

First you will need to gather some paper, in whatever colors you choose. When I saw these paper strips I knew they would be perfect for this project so I purchased and downloaded them this morning! These are pdf files so you do not need any special program to print them out. The great thing about Hof3 is they allow you to access these downloads for what seems like forever (I am still able to re-download stuff I purchased over a year ago, so if you are one of those people who never backs up your computer files... you will be happy to know this!).

Sorry for the dark photos, it was raining here this morning and so therefore the lighting was not so good! You can see here how pretty the paper pattern is.

This next photo shows what I cut out...

Now, my printer does not print to the edges, and for this project that is okay. I really like the coral color printed strip so I used it on both sides of the navy patterned paper, you will need to tape it to the back  of the paper. I just eyeballed it when lining it up...

You can see here how perfect the fit is for these 250 ml jars. Tape the strip onto the jar.


I pulled out my sizzix and large scalloped circle die cut....
Then I cut out 2 layers of tissue paper and placed it on the die cut and rolled it through the sizzix...


I also purchased the Summer Junque tags and cut out one I thought worked well with the theme.


Once I cut it out I glued it to the jar... I added the scallop circle die cut of tissue paper to the lid and found some ribbon in my stash (from Stampin' Up) and glued that to the rim.


We are close to being done now! I took a piece of the tissue paper and cut it out (perhaps 1 1/2 inch by 12 inches long) and made the rosette you see (before folding it I sprayed it with glimmer mist). You can see how to make these here. The mini banners are also from H of 3, the one I wrote friends on is from the tag kit... this video from the ladies at H of 3 will show you so many other projects you can make with this awesome line, well worth the time... and there you have it... It only took me about 20 minutes to make this, I'm sure it will be faster now that I have completed one. Also, if you don't want to be so ornate, then cut back on the little extra embellies and you still have a great gift idea.


I hope you enjoyed my little project and take some time out of your day to exercise some creativity!

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment