Monday, August 9, 2010

Folk Fest Wrap Up...

Alright, I have to say attending the Folk Fest for 5 days is a big commitment... one we just could not quite complete... yes that's right... we couldn't get our butts there yesterday... so I missed seeing Jacob Dylan... (sigh)... I guess I will just have to settle for his CD...

Friday night there was a thunderstorm warning in effect throughout the region... it missed us by a hair (at least that's what the weather man said)... I was ready though and I'm sure it didn't rain because of how prepared we were...
Some favorites from the rest of the weekend.....

 Levon Helm was incredible... the horns were outstanding and the New Orleans sound was amazing...He played "The Band" favourites... like "Ophelia", "The Shape I'm In", and had "The Waifs" help end the set with "The Weight".
Alejandro Escovedo & the Sensitive Boys...

Joe Pug, a poetic singer/songwriter... beautiful music!

John Hammond... old school blues baby! Awesome.

Luis E. Mejia-Godoy... a band from Nicaragua showing us the sound from Latin America!

There you have it... I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
Cheers!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment