Thursday, August 5, 2010

Folk Fest Fever!

He was here... and witnessed by 20,000 people... That's right... Van "the Man" Morrison finally made it to Gallagher Park Wednesday night after decades of requests by Terry Wickham to get him in the lineup at the Edmonton Folk Fest.

He played for exactly 1.5 hrs... and I loved every minute of it... in fact I enjoyed him even more last night than when I saw him at Rexall Place in 2008.... I had all these hopes that he would play some of my favourite songs like "Cleaning Windows" or "Healing Game", but I realized it's better not having any expectations for an entertainer like him... I mean lets face it... the guy has over 30 albums and hundreds of songs he has either written or co-written... to wish he would play whatever you favourite may be (other than the big hits like "Brown Eyed Girl" or "Moondance") is like wishing you'd win the lottery!

Anyway, the lineup tonight should also be memorable... Gord Downie and then Ben Harper... Awesomeness!
Have a great day everyone!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment