Friday, August 6, 2010

Folk Fest (Day 2)

Yesterday was a hot and gorgeous day to hang out at Gallagher Park... Here are a few photos I thought I would share... I really need a new camera.... oh the pictures I could have had... One thing though, we have a haze covering the city due to the forest fires in British Columbia, so it did not help my picture taking opportunities...
Here is a photo of Edmonton born Jill Hennessy... you may know her more from "Crossing Jordon" and "Law & Order"... She was definitely on my to see list and she does not disappoint.... she is a VERY talented singer/songwriter....
You cannot remove the sound of "the Hip" from the great Gord Downie... he was quite entertaining... the set was recorded live for the CBC and will be heard one evening next week...


Ben Harper was amazing... well worth the time spent on the hill with a sore butt! Ha!

Tonight is Levon Helm... and Calexico... not sure how long we will last though as the thunderstorms are suppose to roll in before he starts...

Enjoy your Friday night!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment