Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Color!

What inspires you to scrapbook? Do you look at a color and say... OMG... I love that color and need to incorporate that into my next layout? Maybe when you're at your scrapbook store, you see a color combination on a page of paper that you MUST buy because it is so gorgeous! This week for my Inspiration Defined class we looked at being inspired by the things that surround us daily... Here is my color rainbow.

Digital Template by Cathy Zielske.

Did you know that Pantone is the leading expert on color? They actually set the trend for the fashion colors of the season. They are who graphic artists and designers from all walks of life go to for accurate color coding... Our country quotes the Pantone numbers when manufacturing flags. This system ensures when referring to a color, it is the right one... anyway you can check them out here
Here is the Fall 2010, Pantone Fashion Colors...

Our second assignment was to take colors from this and make a layout. I did a digital layout so I would have the exact colors. I loaded this into PSE and was able to use my color picker to help design my layout below.

I used Oyster Gray as the background and then accented the edges with the Woodbine. The other colors I used are Lagoon and Golden Glow... even though I used the color picker to get the right RGB codes from the color list, they look more muddy... so I'm not sure what happened??! Also, it's been awhile since I made a digi layout and I had lots of fun playing around with this one... So you can see how something as simple as color can be an inspiration for creativity!

Have a great night everyone!
Ginger

1 comment:

  1. I love the layout!

    and what great inspiration...those colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete