Saturday, July 24, 2010

@ Home with Claudine... Week 2

I'm a little behind in my assignments and projects in this latest class I am taking at Big Picture Scrapbooking, however.... I am on VACATION in less than 1 week... Woo Hoo! so I will have plenty of time to play catch up... but, for now... I do have my week 2 project finished (a gorgeous card) and I have to say, this one was lots of fun.

For this I used the following products from Claudine Hellmuth or Ranger:
 Watermark Resist
Sticky Back Canvas  
Dash of Red Paint 
Multi-Medium Matte
Extra Time

Other products used were Stampin Up Stamps, Melon Mambo ink, paper and border punch. I'm not sure where the newsprint paper came from or who makes the ribbon.

To make the larger heart you take a piece of newsprint paper, either scrap paper, or dictionary paper works well too. You paint it with the Multi Medium, let it dry. Then grab some stamps and use the watermark resist (now Claudine says the watermark resist from Ranger is "juicy" and that versamark does not work as well) to create the resist stamp on the paper. Have your paint color ready and use water to lighten it and paint over the stamped images... this creates your resist image. Let it dry.

For the smaller heart, cut out a heart shape from the sticky back canvas. Take the Extra time and mix with your paint color (3:1 ratio). Use a brayer to mix it. Take the brayer and roll the mixture onto the stamps then spray them with a mist of water and quickly stamp the image onto the sticky back canvas. Let it dry.

Cut the paper for your card, my card is a folded 11 X 8.5 piece of textured cardstock. Cut out a narrow piece of paper, use a border punch and attach ribbon. Use ink, or paint if you like, to stamp the images onto the ribbon. You could use a rub on for your greeting or a stamp like I did and use different punches to give it some interest and dimension.

Cut out the larger heart when the paper is dry and attach to the card base. You can then glue the smaller heart to the larger one. I just eyeballed it. To give the card more dimension you can add dots around the heart, I used an ink marker from Stampin Up in the Melon Mambo color. To finish it off I added stickles to the centers of the flowers on the sticky back canvas, and Voila! You have a beautiful card!

Hope you enjoyed it!
Ginger

1 comment: