Sunday, May 2, 2010

National Scapbooking Day!!

Wow!! What an AWESOME time we had at the fabulous TM!! These gals know how to put on a party! Friday night was the Red Carpet Event... They actually had the red carpet laid out with a black curtain for photo op's before you walked the carpet and later in the evening they had an awards ceremony (which I will get back to in a moment).
I completely forgot about the red carpet event and as people arrived there were a few crowned and pageantry dressed women, so my friend Wendy and I improvised and decided we could design our own little outfit complete with purses. We made ourselves pink crowns with sparkles and jewels and called ourselves "The Dimensional Divas". Once we had our crown made we created a bikini bustier with patterened paper and ribbon, and lastly what does every diva carry? A purse with a doggie inside! That's right... we made those too.  There are pictures to prove this, and when I scrap them I will share with you!
Getting back to the awards ceremony...It was so cute and very well planned... They had several awards, these are what I can remember; Best Dressed, Best Layout, Most Productive, Best Lady Gaga, Most Outgoing, Most Comfortable/or At Home In the Store...there were I think 7. The coolest thing about this award ceremony, is that the ladies (the design team) from Treasured Memories all made the awards and they were spectacular...really, these gals are very creative. Each of the winners received an original design and if you haven't guessed it already... I won the "Most Outgoing" award...Ha! And not to be disrespectful of the others, I believe I won the most creatively designed statue!! See for yourself...

See what I mean, huh?? Alright, so this little number was made by no other than the seriously talented and artistically amazing Lisa!!!  It says "there is a little Wonder Woman in each of us". Nice eh? Love it!

As well, my friend Wendy won the "Best Layout" and her award was made by the fabulous Nadine and you can see the award on Nadine's blog.

Saturday was awesome as well, Nadine was there to do make and takes and here is a tag we made with gorgeous paper and pretty glimmer mist!
What I love most about this tag is the flower we got to make from a coffee filter! Isn't it gorgeous!!
We also made a beautiful flower to clip on our shirt, however!!!! I could not find it this morning to take a photo of it...sorry!
Other highlights from the weekend; the awesome goodie bags and door prizes and food! Yes the food... Friday night we had Olive Garden (the mushroom ravioli was mmmm delish), Fiefendeckal  and Taco Del Mar on Saturday night. I would love to have been able to go today as well, I'm sure the women are having a grand time, however, I do need to get some things done before the work week starts....
So with no further adieu, here are 3 of the layouts I made (yeah, I was socializing a bit, but come on, the layouts were intricate)...I actually got 4 done but the battery on my camera died, so you will see the 4th one at a later date!
The photo is of my friend Heather and I while we were nursing in Guatemala. You can't see it very well in this photo but behind us is one of the Volcanos (there are 3) on Lake Atitlan, and we are just waiting for some boats to take us across the lake to a small community where we set up our clinic.

This LO is for my Dimensional Design class at Big Picture Scrapbooking, by Nic Howard. Ooooh the best part about being at the store this weekend was all the shopping I got to do, ewwww weeee! This is the new My Minds Eye paper and the beautiful prima flowers I have been coveting for weeks now. The swirl is from my stash (it's by Magenta), and I decorated it with Smooch and Stickles. The tags and tickets are from Making Memories (the brown tag I stamped with a prima stamp).

Here is the second LO....
This LO shows vertical framing of the photos, I did some distressing and curling of the papers (all from MME) and added the gorgeous snow drift piece from Riff Raff.

It was so good to see Kara this weekend at TM! Kara... you are awesome girl!!!

Well...that's about all I have for you! Now, if you were unable to get some scrapbooking in yesterday to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, there is always today! So come on take some time to let your creativity flow...

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Ginger

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ginga! you are so fabby....it was a blast to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete