Friday, May 21, 2010

A Little Behind

I have to say I have not been very motivated these last few days...the beginning of the week was so gorgeous with a record temperature of 31 degrees on Tuesday, Woo Hoo, I just wanted to spend some time outside. Today it is cool and raining... I should be doing my housecleaning but I am avoiding it (nothing new here) LOL! I will get to it later... Marvin is coming home late tonight... he has been in Virginia this past week for work, and I have to buy him his birthday gift...

Here are a few pictures from my weekend away... We had so much fun... Wendy and I shared a room and we pretty much giggled ourselves to sleep at night...



SueAnn, the person who organizes the retreat twice a year, has chosen a new location for the next one. It will be at Pigeon Lake in a newer building with better accommodations. Really looking forward to the next one!

I did get a few things finished and I'll share a couple layouts...

How appropriate for the heat we had this week! I love sitting outside for summer BBQ's. This is Marvin making ribs on the Big Green Egg!

For this layout I used Paislee Press paper, and added a bit of paint. For the word "summer", I used the mask from leftover sticker letters and painted the word summer in yellow (this was an idea from my Textuality class at BPS). The stars, journaling card and date tab are all digital from Crystal Wilkerson over at Jessica Sprague which you can find here. It was great I printed them off at home and they went so well with this layout!

Here is my other layout. Remember a few weekends ago it was National Scrapbooking Weekend and the gals at TM took photos of us on the Red Carpet for the Gala Event... well, here is a layout I made of Wendy and I on the carpet!
Soooo much fun! Thanks to Victoria at Treasured Memories for taking these photos and then Chantel & KC's mom (Laurie) printed them for us so we had the pictures the next morning.

Papers are from Prima, Websters, Kaiser Kraft and MME. I used a prima swirl stamp behind the photo, and look at those red flowers... those are from Nadine's make and take (#2 coffee filters, sprayed with Glimmer Mist). Added Prima flowers as well.

There you have it... so now I must get my butt in gear!

Have a great Friday!!

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. I love all the paint on the first layout! How clever!

    And the second layout is just too pretty for words!

    ReplyDelete