Sunday, April 4, 2010

Morning Glory... and Bikinis!

Here are a couple of layouts I finished this weekend...

I do remember mom taking this photo of us and I was holding a card that had a picture of a cat on it and the cat looked just like my kitty (at that age I thought it was my cat)... and there you have proof that I grew up a cat lover!!

This layout is scraplifted from May Flaum, I wish I could show you her original page - it is so pretty... Anyway, I love this photo of Curtis and me. I photoshopped by adding a mask from Katie Pertiet and I added a cream colored digital page behind it so I would have a 4x6 photo.  I also boosted the color in photoshop using the Pioneer Women's technique. I really love how the photo turned out. The title was sooo much fun to make! I did it in photoshop by pulling together a couple of pages from a free digi kit by Anna Aspnes.  I then took the Katie Pertiet Ledger Mixed Monograms letters to make the "morning" part of the title (I used a black pen to outline the letters so they are more visible). I printed that off and placed it on the pink paper which is printed off from the same kit. The polka dot paper is from Webster's Pages which I got from a kit at Treasured Memories. Then I embellished it with those gorgeous Jenni Bowlin butterflies I purchased the other night at TM, also my friend Jen had a Martha Stewart butterfly punch (which is on my list to purchase).  The captured moments tag is from a freebie digi kit I got with my hybrid class, it too is from the fabulous Katie Pertiet.

Well, here is the second layout... with me wearing a bikini! Ha Ha! Yes, it is the only time I ever wore one...

This layout idea is from the Dimensional Details class I am taking at Big Picture Scrapbooking... You still have time to sign up!
Nic Howard teaches her technique on curling, how to get the edges of the paper to look shabby... really it's very easy, just use water and curl the paper...The photo has an overlay on it (I was experimenting). I used Basic Grey paper, Studio Calico paper (which I stamped with Tim Holtz stamps and a prima polka dot stamp). Riff Raff chipboard embossed with "Zing", Prima flowers, buttons from my stash, Thickers letters, and the fabulous Tim Holtz film strip.

Well that is about it, I hope you have found some inspiration here!  I am off to sweat at the gym... Ciao!

Ginger

3 comments:

  1. GINGA!!!!!! lOVE YOUR LAYOUTS!
    The top one looks like it is straight out of a magazine... The picture is awesome!
    xo
    Jill Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore that pink and turquoise page! WOW!!!

    My brother joined Good Life gym. He says all the staff call it "the club" and the lockers are huge and everything is very fancy! Sounds awesome to me!!!

    ReplyDelete