Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Sunday!

Well, it's already Sunday afternoon!  Guess what I have been up to today??? That's right, doing my homework.  Ha!

Friday night I was up until 3 AM - That's right!!  I came home from work, cleaned the house and then got to having some fun and couldn't help myself...

The assignments for Design Your Life this week was all about Color!

This is what I was working on, a layout of my grandparents...  I love these pictures... I have put the journaling below as you won't be able to read it if you click on the photo....
I have many fond memories of my grandparents.  Grandpa Karl Demmert was known as “Farm Grandpa”, because that is what he was... a farmer.  He left Germany when he was 26 years old with very little, but came to Canada knowing he would be able to purchase land and farm it.  He married my grandmother, Marie who also came here from Germany.  He only spoke German to us kids, and it wasn’t until I was older and realized he did this hoping we would learn to speak German.  I did learn to say “Frehliche Wienacht”, and a few other short sentences.  Grandpa would laugh as I would say Frehliche Wienacht every time I would visit, whether it really was Christmas... or Easter.  He always had those white peppermints in his pocket and when we visited on Sundays, he would give us a little shot of ‘pear brandy”.  Curtis and I would sometimes ride our bikes into town and stay overnight.  Just before Grandma would turn out the lights she would ask what we would like to eat for breakfast in the morning... Of course being young children, we would rattle off a list of items... and sure enough.. it would all be ready when we woke up.  My absolute favourite thing my Grandma ever made... was her bread... and her canned raspberries were a close second.  They loved to garden and took pride in having a well manicured yard, they had the biggest Begonias I’ve ever seen.  These are just few of the things I can remember about them... they are ones I will not forget....

Port Au Prince Kit, Songbird elements from Chipper kit, SBS elements from Digi Files (January 2010), Fonts; Jane Austen & Euphorigenics, Arabic Typsetting, Digital Template; C. Zielske

Here is another LO, this of me making cookies!
Speaking of cookies...  I got a couple dozen of frozen cookies from Lisa on Friday night and I plan to bake a couple tonight!! Mmmmm...... Yum Yum.
Paper; J. Wilson, Elements; K. Pertiet (In the Post), flower (OScraps - Moments Kit). Fonts; Dear Joe, Another Typwriter.  Digital Template; Cathy Zielske.

 I love Normie!  So this LO is dedicated to him...  We had to pick four colors from the picture and then use pattern paper in those colors. 

Paper;C. Wilkerson (some recolored), Trish Jones, Elements; Port Au Prince Kit, Digital Template; C. Zielske.

This next LO is for both the Design Your Life class and the Adventures in Scrapbooking: Go Hybrid class (both at Big Picture Scrapbooking)
 I took Cathy's template and added J. McNally's digi paper, printed it off with Reisling font for title and journaling. Then used bazzil paper and Stampin' Up PP.

This last LO was made for the Hybrid class.  I actually did this on Microsoft Word!  
I used J. McNally's digi kit we got from our week 2 Hybrid class and inserted it into Word.  I did not have a printed photo for the WordArt Title so I just found this photo of Carmen and Torrie and inserted it into Word.  I then printed it all onto Bazzil textured cardstock and voila!  The rest of the LO uses Prima flowers sprizted with Pearl Glimmer Mist, bling from Prima and Kaiser, Chipboard flourish from Riff Raff and I used Stampin' Up Glitter on it.  Oh Yeah, there are some stickles on the WordArt and the stamp on the left is from Prima.
 
There you have it!  Holy Moly, that was lots of layouts!!

Who's watching the OSCARS Tonight??  It's going to be awesome...

Have a great night!

Ginger            

No comments:

Post a Comment