Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hybrid Class

So I started my new class at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  It is a Hybrid class that incorporates digital and traditional scrapbooking.  It is going to be lots of fun, I had know idea I could do so much with Word.  This weeks assignments were downloading a tag and using WordArt.
Our instructor, May Flaum, has provided lots of information in our first week on journaling and WordArt.  This was lots of fun to do and as you can see... I am a "Lucky Girl"!  The cardstock for the title is from House of Three, it's the French oo la la kit.  It's tres bon cool and has some gorgeous down loadable and printable paper products.  So once I printed off the paper I wanted, I then made my title with "Reisling" font that I downloaded for free from "dafont", and then put the paper thru the printer again, and Voila! (I doodled the black parentheses).
The rest of the supplies are: red pp; Sande Krieger (World Traveler Kit - from Two Peas (it's FREE!)), stampin up cardstock; word strip-C. Zielske, Flowers & ribbon-Prima, Buttons - BasicGrey, journaling WordArt template - M. Flaum.

I killed two birds with one stone with this layout!!  It covers my Design Your Life class for the color palette and sketch, and of course I used it for my Hybrid class, Yeah!  The tag I used for the title came with our class assignment for the week.  It is designed by S. Krieger, but I recolored it in Word and printed it off and placed Sassafras stickers on it for the title .  The circle you see, has the date and location of when and where the photo was taken, I used WordArt to type this and then made it into a shape of a circle, then used my 1 3/4" punch and placed it on the layout with a pop up.  The font I used on the circle tag comes from House of 3 and is called Magnet Font.  I then typed up my journaling in Bohemian Typwriter font and placed it on the black background.  I really like how it turned out.
Other supplies used with this layout:  PP; Magenta, Fancy Pants & 7 Gypsies, Flowers; Prima, Rhinestones; Kaiser Craft, Buttons; BasicGrey, Ribbon (I cannot remember what manufacturer, but I definitely bought it at Treasured Memories).

I hope this gives you some happy creative ideas!!

Ginger

1 comment: