Monday, March 29, 2010

DYL Final Layouts

I thought I had posted these, but I guess I had not... Our final assignment was to take our three favourite templates and make our layouts based on everything we have learned over the last 12 weeks.  All layout sketches/templates from Cathy Zielske.

This layout does have hybrid elements like the digital frames (House of Three) around the photos and the journaling card.  The assignment was to take a product you have been wanting to use and develop the color palette around it.  I have been wanting to use these My Minds Eye papers for sometime now and I used a triadic color scheme, except I now wish  I would have placed the green paper on the bigger mat behind the photos...oh well. I love these butterflies. I cut them out of these beautiful postcards I bought at Treasured Memories...the company is called Cavallini & Co.   I also used Thickers for the title.


I liked the idea of taking a page and journaling what happened in that month.  This is a great template for that.  All the products for this page are from House of Three (French Oo La La Kit).


This is a simple page...again, I used House of Three French Oo la la paper and decreased the opacity. I like this paper it reminds of my grandma's doilies.

So there you have it....
Have a great day everyone!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment