Monday, February 15, 2010

Yeah Canada!

I have been very busy these last few days like most Canadians watching the Olympics!  Wow, I thought the opening ceremonies were awesome!  I loved it all, well except for maybe the opera singer.  How proud I am to be Canadian.  I was glued to the T.V. yesterday as well watching the Men's Moguls, how cool is it that we can now say we have our first ever Canadian Gold Medal on home soil.  I have been watching everything CTV has broadcast about this young Canadian, Alex Bilodeau, what a great story.

It's been very quiet here at home... because Marvin is in Florida at some meetings this week, he left Friday and when he walked out the door he said "Enjoy your quiet time!" and  Boy am I ever!  Ha Ha! I think it's good to have some time apart every now and then... Anyway, he was able to check out the Daytona 500 yesterday, he texted me and said it was "fantastic" - well he actually said something different, but I don't feel it's appropriate to share... ha!  So while he was having his fun, I actually had some fun myself!

That's right, I had a large group of ladies over for a "Silpada Jewelry Party" It was lots of fun.  So I get to pick out some free jewelry, check out the link there are some beautiful pieces.  My friend Brenda sells it and I'm sure if you would like to book a party she would love to hook you up.  You can send me an e-mail if you like.


Well, even though I have been busy watching the Olympics, I have managed to get my assignments completed for my class.  I can't believe this is the end of Week 7!!  Only 5 more weeks to go, and I am still having lots of fun and I'm thinking of maybe taking another class when this one is done, not sure though.

I love the colors in this layout.  This weeks subject is emphasis... This picture is making me hungry right now!  The supplies are as follows: 
Paper; Jen Wilson, DD (Help Haiti Kit), Two Peas (Betsy Tuma), Elements; ScrapArtist (Be Mine Kit), Digi Files (V.Pearce - Jan. Kit), Fonts; Bohemian Type, Dear Joe.  Digital Template, Cathy Zielske.

I decided to do a second layout on this assignment because it was so much fun!  I am the one with the red hat, my sister Carmen is the one with the colorful striped shirt, don't we really look like we are having the time of our life!  Yeah, like I said in the journaling - camping is definitely not my cup of tea! 

Paper; Port au Prince, Elements; Crystal Wilkenson tags, Moments Kit flower (Oscraps), Fonts; Dear Joe, Ma Brownie Too.  Digital Template, Cathy Zielske.
Here the emphasis is the larger picture with the dark matting.  I kept this one very simple.
Paper; Port au Prince Kit (Songbird Ave.), Moments Kit (OScraps), Simply Tiffany Designs, Elements; Crystal Wilkerson tag.  Digital Template; Cathy Zielske.

There you have it!  Hope you all are having a wonderful Family Day!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment