Sunday, February 7, 2010

10 Seconds Doll...

Yesterday I was at TM for the 10 Second class that KC put on... It was sooo cool.  Kara had Riff Raff dolls made for the class!  Awesomeness (I might have bought an extra one so I can make a boy doll!).  So here are some pics of the class.

 This is part of the kit we got, check out the Riff Raff doll!  It reminded me of being a kid and playing with cut outs!  Remember cut out dolls??  So the premise here is that you take these thin colored sheets of metal and rub them over top of an embossed plate, and you can push your tools into the grooves to make it more detailed.  Once you have done that, then you take a sanding tool and rub off the colored metal, or if you are using silver, then it just makes it look more antiqued.  You can also use alcohol inks (rub them on with Q-tips).
Here is a pic of me working hard!
 My doll is taking shape....
A pic of the group...  One of the great things is, KC had a table set up with different embellishments that we could use to decorate our dolls... I love the flower and butterfly on her leg and the flower in her hair!
Here she is!  Pretty cool!  I love the hair!
If you would like to see some of the other dolls the participants made you can check out KC's blog here.
We had lots of fun.
That's it for tonight!  Hope you all have a great week!
Ginger

1 comment:

  1. I love your doll btw! She is so precious, and has the best hair! It sure looked like you ladies were having an awesome time in KC's class! For her first one, I think she did a great job!

    Oh...and you were first Runner Up in my Giveaway!! If you are going to be at TM on Friday for the crop I will drop off your package there. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete