Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday...

So I thought I would share with you some pictures of what I was up to yesterday (my day off), I love having an extra long weekend... it just makes for... extra time to relax and have fun!  So I hooked up with my friend Sandy... we went for some sushi downtown and had a great visit. 



 

 
 
 
 
See, I do get out... (this blog was beginning to look like I do nothing but scrap!)  LOL!

Now on to my next subject of interest.... my layout assignments... which I know you have been waiting for!


These pictures were taken in 2006 (the last time we were at Folkfest!).  This is a layout on repetition, as you can see I have three areas of red, the flourish at the top left, the paper on the right and the title.  I'm sure you already know this, but in design having a repetition of three elements, weather it is color or embellishments etc. is more appealing to the eye than say two or four.

Paper from Sweet Shoppe, ScrapArtist, Jessica Sprague brush.  Template design and idea from Cathy Zielske.

This next assignment was so much fun to do!  We were asked to make a mini-album of the people in our lives we love.  So, I sent an e-mail to Arlene, Carmen, Torrie, and Tyler asking if they could send 5 words or phrases that describe them... they were good sports and took it seriously, (except for Arlene maybe - well at first anyway ((wink)).  This is what they came up with and I love it!

 
 
 
The great thing about this project is I can continue to add to it!

I love the digital kit, it came from Scrap Artist and is called Orange Romp by Bohemian Art. Template design and idea from Cathy Zielske at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

Well that's all I have for now.  Tonight we are going out with some friends, Brian and Julie, for birthday drinks.

Have a happy and creative day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gin, love the results of your project. The color choice is gorgeous. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete