Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy...Busy...

Am I the only one feeling super busy??  I cannot believe how fast the weeks are flying by!!  Christmas is in 24 days... Yikes!!  Our renos are coming along nicely, the baseboards are up, Marvin gave some of the rooms a fresh coat of paint and we have the spare room all put together... now we are just waiting for the hardwood and our new King sized bed (which we just purchased this evening!) Yippee!!  I feel a bit disconnected as my art room is packed up and it looks like it will be that way for another couple of weeks at least...oh well, I guess it gives me more time for cyberspace!  Hee! Hee!

Last weekend I took Nadine's Home Decor class and had a blast.  The ladies I took the class with are regulars at Treasured Memories and we had crazy fun, and Nadine put up with us...Ha!  I hung up the star and banner at work, we also made a bonus project, (that Nadine is such a crafty person!).

We also had our staff Christmas Party on Saturday evening.  It was catered by Absolutely Edibles which was awesome.  The food was great and so was the service, well worth it.  Michelle, one of my colleagues was the hostess and she has a beautiful home with 2 lovely and energetic daughters, along with two dogs, one of which is a 160lbs Newfoundlander, named Gus... wow, was he big and very friendly! 

Arlene, Carmen and I took our Aunt Linda out for Sunday Brunch at the Sawmill.  I haven't been to the Sawmill for many years, and it was quite enjoyable.  We sat and visited for 4 hours... wow...

So Arlene, Carmen and I are going to get together and make poppyroll!!  My mom makes the best poppyroll ever! We had a minor discrepancy already... Arlene and I believe we need to make it the way mom always did (with melted lard - I know, doesn't sound appealing), but we feel quite strongly about making it the way mom always did.  Carmen and Aunt Linda think we should make it with butter, so we might actually do both and have a taste test!  What do you think?  Butter or lard?  Ha!  (mom if you are reading this, you better set us straight!  Ha!)

I thought I would leave you with a pic of my new ride...  I don't miss the Audi one bit... I love my Toureg!!


No comments:

Post a Comment