Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday...

For the last 6 days, I have felt like the weather has been, "crappy"!!  Once the wedding was over, poof, I got a sore throat which turned into Bronchitis!  No surprise really... before the wedding I was fighting it and taking vitamins and herbs to stave it off, but eventually my poor body caved.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, unfortunately I was not able to see mom and dad this weekend, because mom should not be around anyone with a cold, so Marvin and I have decided to have a low key weekend.  Enough about being sick... on to the good stuff.

First off, I am really thankful for Marvin... he cooked all week for us (he had the week off, so time was not an issue).  I have a picture here of a beautiful Brioche he made... I love bread... especially home made!


He also made a ham, and an amazing ham and bean soup (he really is good at making soup).  We have decided to make beer can chicken, stuffing and roasted cauliflower for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow evening.  Usually, we make a feast and invite all our friends and family, but low key is the theme this year.

Other things I am thankful for: my family and friends, my health (oh yeah, I saw a rheumatologist this week for some blood tests that came back a month ago, and I got good news, he told me it is nice to see someone so healthy instead of those with chronic conditions he treats on a daily basis), my critters (they make me happy every day), and my job...

A pic of Sophie and Norman... doing what they love most... sleeping.

 

I would like to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, and Carmen and John are having a wonderful time in Australia, unfortunately John lost both his matches at the Masters Games and has been eliminated...  I doubt he is upset, I mean hey, he is on his honeymoon, in one of the most beautiful countries!  What more could one need? (Love you guys!)

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment