Sunday, October 18, 2009

Awesome!

Alright, so yesterday I had the pleasure of joining Kara and Laurie for Lisa's awesome and amazing altered canvas class... did I tell you it was amazing?  Okay - so I am totally and completely inspired by what has always been an interest, but not sure if I'm ready... kind of class.  Lisa is so freakin' talented, when she is not teaching classes at Treasured Memories, she is working on their Project and Techniques blog.  She is not afraid to spray Glimmer Mist on her page or to journal freehand, while some of us might be a bit more uptight she is a free spirit!
Each time I take a class from Lisa I am excited and inspired to say the least...  So here is the canvas I created from the class yesterday...





I love the texture I created on the canvas.  The tree and birdhouse are Riff Riff and the girl in the swing is from Artchix Studio .  The words were cut out from an old book Lisa had of quotes from famous people, back in the day when telegrams were a way of communicating (boy have we come a long way) Ha!  It reads "with you or without you, you're enshrined forever in my heart".  Cute.    
If you like collage and altered art I recommend checking out Somerset's library of magazines.  They are full of ideas and tips, and if you find a project you like, chances are they will list the artists blog or website.

Lisa has a second class of the "Altered Canvas" coming up, as well you can check out other classes she is teaching here.  Also, if you want to see more of her work check out the Riff Raff blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment