Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where Does Time Go??

Wow, I cannot believe it's already June16th!! Craziness, that means the days will be getting shorter soon, oichka!
So tomorrow after work Carmen, Arlene and I are heading to Saskatoon for mom's surgery. She is having a mastectomy on Thursday... it has been exactly 4 weeks since we heard the bad news. Mom has been amazing thru this process, I find she has been more consoling to us then us to her...go figure. She wants me to go with her on Thursday morning to the University Hospital for her nuclear medicine appointment. Once she is finished then we have to drive over the St. Paul's hospital which is where she is having the surgery. She will likely be discharged on Friday and we will spend the weekend with her at home.

Carmen bought mom 6 hats, I can't wait to see what they look like...I on the other hand bought scarves...but now I'm wondering if scarves are appropriate as she may find it difficult reaching to tie them...will see.

Here is a picture of the get well card I made... Too bad I can't figure out how to turn it! (Sorry, still learning how to post blogs, hee hee!).


I will leave you with a picture of mom and dad, this is the picture we put in the paper for their 50th wedding anniversary last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment